Do YOU need a wedding planner?
This is a question that you are asking yourself as soon as you see the adverts or when you start thinking about your wedding day.
So, I know that you want to feel incredible on your wedding day and the question is whether you need a wedding planner to achieve this?
You may be very well organised, highly educated and intelligent but this unfortunately means very busy which is most of my clients and they just don’t have time to organise their wedding.
But to help you, just go through the questions below and if you answer any of those questions with a NO than you should consider hiring a professional to do it for you.
1. Are you able to take calls during the day at work, meet with vendors, and discuss wedding details from work?
Most of your suppliers work normal business hours and you will have to make time for them during the day or take days off work to get all your planning done which means wasting days off at work on driving around or spending hours on the phone and sometimes listening to those awful on hold tunes.
2. Do you know where you're getting married?
If it's your hometown or place you know well than it might be easier than getting married someplace new to you. Where you won’t know any suppliers or venues.
3. Have your friends and family volunteered to help with the wedding planning?
So, they might be all so excited to help you (especially your bridesmaids, mums and sisters), and take charge of it at the beginning. However, the moment it starts getting stressful and it stops them from enjoying them private life they will stop backing out. Also, they will not help on the wedding day after first few drinks.
Trust me I’m speaking from experience on this!!!
4. Are you a very punctual person who writes and follows schedules well?
If not, you need a planner who will keep everything running on time for you during the planning and on the big day. This is probably the most important point because the suppliers don’t like to wait and if you are taking longer than what is agreed they will find someone else who is doing everything on time.
5. Party planning!!! Is that fun for you?
If you dread entertaining, you should NOT be trying to plan your wedding because it won't be fun for you or the guests.
6. Will your fiancé be helping with the plans?
This is a tough question and when discussing this with your partner don’t start an argument please, it’s a very important question.
It is lovely to get help of your partner but if that person doesn’t enjoy planning and organizing parties, it will end up with lots of arguments and very stressful time.
At the end of the day, you both must enjoy your special day not just you!!!
All you will remember years and years after is that you were having very stressful time.
7. Do you understand the overall concept?
If you don't understand how to read a catering contract or a hotel's event order, and you're not sure who you're supposed to tip or whether you suppose to tip at all, you need to hire somebody who gets it all to make life easier.
8. Last but very important too!!! Do you have one specific bossy friend who will organize your wedding day?
She can't be in the wedding party because she is the one:
- Sending everybody down the aisle in the right order
- Checking the cake, flowers, cars hired.
- Making sure that the groom, best man and the rest are ready on time.
- Whether the best man is not too drunk to give a reasonable speech.
- Making sure that the venue dresses everything as promised and as you imagined it, because it will be too late when you get there.
If you don't have a friend who can go through the planning process and all the above with you than you should consider hiring a wedding planner.
Happy Wedding Planning and don’t hesitate to message me for any questions.